Re: scsi card compatibility under Debian

On Sunday 09 December 2001 01:07 pm, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:

<SNIP!>

> To minimize cost, you want to get a SCSI card with the
> same connector as your scanner. <SNIP!> For an HD50
> connector get the 2940. For the DB25 connector, get a
> 2904.

Are you sure you meant the 2904?  I cannot find a reference
an Adaptec 2904 model anywhere on the Adaptec site; except
for a European special version "AVA-2904", with a 50-pin
high density external connector, and a 50-pin, flat ribbon
internal connector.

http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/suppdetail.html?prodkey=AVA-2904

There are NO Adaptec 2904 cards listed on eBay; although
there are plenty of 2940 cards there.  there is a 2906
listed, too; it has an external DB25-pin connector; but it
seems to be mostly for the Mac, as far as I can tell (I'm
no good at this stuff, but I'm trying to learn).

I might just snag a 2940 if I can get it cheap, and then
get a different cable or an adapter.

Anyway, thanks in advance... :-)

--m7s
pampaluz@home.com