scsi card compatibility under Debian

I'm trying to get a scsi card (for an old HP ScanJet 4p
scanner), though eBay; and in trying to determine if a card
advertised will work with Linux, I went to the Debian
homepage, and was told that Debian has no hardware
requirements beyond those that come with Linux.  Then there
was a link to check the hardware compatibility HOWTO.  But
the HOWTO doesn't list scsi cards!  In fact, I couldn't
find a list of any scsi card compatibilities, except in
doing a search from Google, I came across the hardware
compatibility lists for Red Hat Linux--they list all the
hardware that they *CERTIFY* to run with Red Hat Linux, and
what version of RHL each card or whatever works with, which
isn't much helpful for Debian stuff (unless I could get a
particular scsi driver from a Red Hat site, if that is what
they did to make that card "certifiable").

Does anyone know of a place that I can check for the
compatibility of a particular scsi card, especially for
Debian?

TIA,

--Mark Seven Smith
pampaluz@home.com