Re: Nautilus/autofs (was Re: [quickly veering OT] Re: File Manager)

Mental <Mental@NeverLight.com> writes:

> That would be nice, but it would mean another process running inthe
> background polling the mount point.

Yes, but then you don't need the autofs process (which BTW uses to
usurpate all my removable drives regardless of which of them are in
the config files - maybe I don't understand how to configure autofs
correctly ...).

> > (There were other things in Nautilus I didn't like, e.g. not removable
> > hard disk icons, which will tempt some idle users to play with them
>
> I dont have those. Are you refering to the tree view or elsewhere?

No, I mean the standard desktop icons - I can't even rename them
(well, maybe things are better now).

Greetings,
joachim