Re: [quickly veering OT] Re: File Manager

Andrew Sione Taumoefolau <bepempire@optusnet.com.au> writes:

> Nautilus tends in most cases towards the Mac way of doing things, which,
> different though it may be, is usually more usable than the Windows way.
> Nautilus ideally should create a floppy icon on the desktop when a user
> inserts a disk (and, in turn, destroy it when he removes the disk), which
> IMHO is a more sane approach than having an always-present floppy icon that
> only works if a disk is in the drive.

This would indeed be the best way to handle floppies in my opinion,
but last time I looked at Nautilus i found that it ideally should work
so, but really doesn't. Maybe sometimes in the future this will become
reality ...

(There were other things in Nautilus I didn't like, e.g. not removable
hard disk icons, which will tempt some idle users to play with them
...)

Greetings,
joachim