Re: 2.4.16 kernel crashed

I have been using 2.4.16 since it came out and hadn't had a single problem.
On the other hand xscreensaver and xlock has always been trouble. A crashed GL
application sometimes will leave your video card in such a mess that even
kiling X right from under it will not reinitialize it. Generally this would
noy affect ability to remotely connect unless the GL application didn't crash
but instead is hogging system resources. I haven't seen this happen with
xscreensaver, but xlock had done similar things to me a few times. So, I
don't really believe that this is related to kernel version, although since
DRI support has been rewritten in 2.4 series, that might cause some trouble.