Re: Partial APT mirroring...

There is a package that sorta does what you want... it's called
apt-proxy. You set up a box as your apt-proxy, and point all of your
machines to that box. Every time someone downloads a package, it is
cached on the apt-proxy; thus the first time you download, it will be
slow, but subsequent downloads are done over the local network.

I don't know a whole lot about the packacge, other than it mostly works.
It uses RSYNC rather than HTTP or FTP to get the package from other
Debian servers... not sure why this is. It also is a little flaky; It
often gets to 99% when downloading a package, and then freezes. At that
point I have to ^C and restart the apt-get upgrade/install/whatever and
it works fine. I highly recommend the package.

--Aaron Traas