Re: ssh + ssl

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 05:47:06AM -0500, Tom Allison wrote:
> How do I upgrade just this one package from testing/unstable without
> pulling in 50 others as package upgrades?  Isn't there some way to
> selectively upgrade the one?
> dpkg does seem to have much on it, specifically

First make sure you have a testing and/or unstable mirror in your
/etc/apt/sources.list

#apt-get update

#apt-get -d install name-of.deb
This will only download the new deb(s), no unpacking or config'ing.

Comment out the testing/unstable mirrors from sources.list

If only that one deb comes down, then you can issue the
same command without "-d" and it will install it. You are now done.

If more debs are downloaded, then you have dependency problems,
as a previous replier said. Now, you have to go into
/var/cache/apt/archives/  and delete the debs that were just
downloaded to "untaint" your stable system. =)

Anthony