Re: ssh + ssl

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 05:47:06AM -0500, Tom Allison wrote:
> I was wanted it configure ssh so that it used ssh-keys for the
> authentication.
> Research shows that openssl 0.9.4-5 uses the libssl 09 library and not
> the 09.6.
> This throws dependencies into a tizzy.

I don't see why this affects ssh. If you need a newer version of ssh for
some reason, try building it from source.

> How do I upgrade just this one package from testing/unstable without
> pulling in 50 others as package upgrades?  Isn't there some way to
> selectively upgrade the one?

If installing openssl from testing/unstable on its own, not as part of a
complete upgrade, requires upgrading other package, then you can't
upgrade it on its own because it won't run once you've done so. Try
building it from source.