ssh + ssl

I was wanted it configure ssh so that it used ssh-keys for the authentication. Research shows that openssl 0.9.4-5 uses the libssl 09 library and not the 09.6.
This throws dependencies into a tizzy.

I know that 09 is in stable and 094 is in testing/unstable.

How do I upgrade just this one package from testing/unstable without pulling in 50 others as package upgrades? Isn't there some way to selectively upgrade the one?
dpkg does seem to have much on it, specifically