Re: Mail Alias file]

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 08:22:14PM -0400, cmasters wrote:
| I'm trying to set up aliases for the majority of addresses to which I
| correspond with. I assigned these using the 'a' (create alias) command,
| which then popped those entries in my alias file. This is explicitly sources
| in muttrc using 'set alias_file=$HOME/.mail-Alias'.

That doesn't look like "source" to me ;-).

alias_file=<blah>

simply specifies where to dump aliases that you create in mutt itself
(ie using 'a').

To source that list, use

source $HOME/.mail-Alias

(BTW, there is nothing special about that file to constrain it to
containing just aliases, it can have any legal mutt configuration you
want)

| I tried using '~' in the place of $HOME, but that didn't work
| either.

Right, "~" is a specialty of the shell.  The shell itself expands it
to $HOME.  All programs (perhaps its in fopen()?) expand environment
variables though.

-D

--

the nice thing about windoze is - it does not just crash,
it displays a dialog box and lets you press 'ok' first.