Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 19:04:45 -0400
From: cmasters <cmasters@despamnbnet.nb.ca>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.rg
Subject: Mail Alias file

Greetings,

Yet more questions ....

Before anyone asks, I ~have~ read the relevent man pages.

I'm trying to set up aliases for the majority of addresses to which I
correspond with. I assigned these using the 'a' (create alias) command,
which then popped those entries in my alias file. This is explicitly sources
in muttrc using 'set alias_file=$HOME/.mail-Alias'. I tried using '~' in the
place of $HOME, but that didn't work either.

Entries in this file are in the format of:
alias entry nick <email address>

Yet, I am unable to use any of these. Entering 'debuser' is just so much
easier that 'debian-user@lists.debian.org', but mutt seems determined on
insisting on full addresses.

Suggestions?

C. Masters