Mutt and filtering to multiple mailboxes

Hi.  I use Mutt as my mail client. I am trying to set it up so that
messages from the lists to which I subscribe get moved from my mail
spool file to a specific mailbox for storage after reading, filtered out
from the general mail stream. Right now all my mail goes to 'mbox' -- I
would like the debian-user mail to go to ~/.mutt/debian-user.

I set up mbox-hook records in my mutt environment as follows:

mbox-hook debian-user@lists.debian.org ~/.mutt/debian-user

I am not an Emacs user much, I use vi more, and I'm not that familiar
with the 'hook' idea, so I am not sure I'm understanding the effect that
I should expect from the mbox-hook record correctly. Should the
mbox-hook command have the effect I describe above?  If so, is there
something obvious I'm missing in the syntax above?

Thanks.

Eric

--
Eric Brooks				    eric@dimension11.net