Re: Newbie question : gnome, bash, and ppp

Actually, I did both, i.e. adding the non-root user to both 'dialout' and 'dip'. The problem is still there. Could it be that I should not add the non-root user to the group manually and I should do it thru pppconfig instead? I couldn't test it out now as I'm using a windowz machine.

GZ

John Hasler wrote:

Gong Zeng writes:

thanks for your tips, all of them worked except for the dialing out part.
I have included the non-root user to the 'dialout' group as you mentioned

This is incorrect.  You need to add the non-root user to the 'dip' group
(pppconfig can do that).  You will need to log out and back in for the
change to take effect.