fsck and ext3

I took the advice of someone on this list (I think) and re-enabled the
max-mount-count option on my ext3 partitions.
When I upgraded this machine to 2.4.16 from 2.4.12-ac3 and rebooted, the
mount count had been exceeded and fsck ran, outputting the following:

Special (device/socket/fifo) inode 590029 has non-zero size. FIXED

I'm not sure what this means since, AFAIK, /dev isn't ext3 (or am I
wrong about how /dev works)... should I be worried? This was couple days
ago and nothing appears to be wrong yet...

TIA