Re: Radeon 7500 XFree86 support.

On Saturday 01 December 2001 00:09, Karsten Heymann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry for the delay:
>
> * csj <csj@mindgate.net> [011127 11:48]:
> > Does this mean you've got XVideo (Xv) going on your Radeon VE? I'm
> > curious what the output of the following commands is on your
> > system: (1) xvinfo | grep Adaptor
>
>   # xvinfo | grep Adaptor
>   Adaptor #0: "ATI Rage128 Video Overlay"
>
> > (2) xdpyinfo | grep XVideo
>
>   # xdpyinfo | grep XVideo
>   XVideo
>
> My xserver-xfree86-Version:
>
> Package: xserver-xfree86
> Section: x11
> Installed-Size: 12032
> Maintainer: Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>
> Source: xfree86
> Version: 4.1.0-9
> Replaces: xserver-common (<< 4.0), libxfont-xtt
> Provides: xserver
> Depends: debconf (>> 0.5), xserver-common (>> 4.0), libc6 (>=
> 2.2.4-2), zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.3) Suggests: mdetect, read-edid
> Conflicts: libxfont-xtt

I just bought a Radeon VE (64MB SDR). Xv works out of the box, except
for one slightly annoying thing. The Xv output can't be suspended
properly. When I try to suspend or minimize the player program (xine,
smpeg-plaympeg), I get a freeze frame of the video output. If
the video occupies the whole screen, this prevents me from doing
anything useful in that screen (I can however do the CTRL-ALT thingy to
toggle to another X-window screen). The hackish solution is to run the
video in a window, which I can then move aside until only a smallish
part of it is visible.

--
Sir Isaac Newton:
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."