Re: How do you access your floppy drive?

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Reena Mahbubani wrote:

> I was wondering how you access your floppy drive from the command line
> Also, How do you install the GUI?

If it's a DOS or Windows floppy, try as root,
# mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /floppy
Before you eject the disk, it's important to unmount the floppy first.
# umount /floppy
Wait until you get a command prompt and the drive light is off before
you eject the disk.

I don't believe there's any gui's out there that streamline this
operation (though I also believe GNOME and KDE are bloated POSs and
avoid them, going for AfterStep instead).

> Reena Mahbubani
> Co-Op, Bell Mobility, Technology Development
> 2920 Matheson Boulevard East, Mississauga, Ontario L4W 5J4
> Tel: (905) 282-3172,  Cell: (416) 523-7167

I feel sorry for you.  You're in the same city as one of the offices of
my former employer, Stream International.  I advise anybody here to
*not* apply for work for them, no matter how desperate your situation
is.  Hint:  Driving a bus for the City of Portland, Oregon pays better
and is less stressful than listening to Windows lusers all day on the
phone.

--
Baloo
Bus Driver