Re: How do you access your floppy drive?

Tobias Wolter wrote:

> On 2001-12-03T17:42:51 +0000, Reena Mahbubani wrote:
>
> > I was wondering how you access your floppy drive from the command line
>
> mount /dev/fd0 /mnt
>
> Then cd /mnt and voila, there you have your floppy drive.

If you're using DOS formatted disks, it's much easier to use mtools.
Mtools is a collection of commands that mirror the dos filesystem
commands - mcopy, mdel, mdeltree, mdir, mdu, mformat, mmd etc. See 'man
mtools' for the entire list (you might have to install the mtools
package first - 'apt-get install mtools').

With mtools, you can even use the DOS drive letter notation, for example
'mcopy file a:', and you don't have to worry about mounting and
unmounting the disk.

Matthew