Re: creating an ISO image of a cd.

On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, Eduard Bloch wrote:

> Blah. dd makes the same read and write operations as can&shell in this case.
>
> > dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/tmp/cd.iso
>
> better append conv=noerror

Hmm, I just did dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/tmp/cd.iso instead of cat, and it
did work. Now, I'm not sure why that is since I don't really know much
about how Linux internals work, so, truthfully, if anyone has a layman
explanation for me, I'd love to hear it.

Someone also suggested using mkisofs. I'm not sure why I didn't think of
that before. So, ultimately, I'm really confused about the best way to
do this.

dd, or mkisofs for making an ISO of a CD-ROM?

Or is this one of those There's More Than One Way to Do It things?

Thanks,

Titus Barik (barik@techspot.com)
AIM: TBarik  ICQ: 1604453