Re: digital photo editing in linux---what do i need?

on Sat, Dec 01, 2001 at 05:49:27PM -0800, L. Vogtmann (vmann@vmann.net) wrote:

<...>

> kview, or konqueror if you run KDE.  xv is simple and nice (though I
> haven't seen it in unstable lately.)

xv is non-free (personal-use shareware), and doesn't allow binary
distribution.  It's been removed from the Debian distribution.  Pity as
there are a number of nice features to it, particularly UI presentation
(ever notice that the button you want to press in an xv dialog is the
one under the pointer?).

    http://ftp-master.debian.org/removals.txt

    ROM; no permission to modify and redistribute.

ImageMagick is a good general replacement in my experience, I'll try
others mentioned here.

Peace.