Re: Another off-topic -- EXT3 question

On Sat, Dec 01, 2001 at 05:47:03PM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:

| I discourage the practice of mounting system partitions with type
| 'auto'.  Specify what you want.  If you get it, great, if you don't, fix
| the problem.

Sure, for hard disks.  For floppies I like the 'auto' option.  Then I
don't have to worry about it being ext2, vfat, msdos, or whatever.
Say, do you have any recommendations for a fs that is well suited for
floppies?  I seem to recall some issues with floppies and the UID
mkfs.ext2 ran as.

-D

of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix