Re: Another off-topic -- EXT3 question

* Nathan Weston (nweston@hamilton.edu) [011201 14:23]:

> If you run 'mount' with no arguments, it tells what type each
> partition is mounted at. You can also do 'dmesg | grep -i ext3' to
> show all the ext3-related messages from startup, although it doesn't
> mention the device names of the partitions it's mounting.

I already tried mount as you mention. It basically looks exactly like
/etc/mtab...

/dev/hdb6 on / type auto (rw,errors=remount-ro,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/hdb1 on /boot type ext3 (rw)

Oddly, the dmesg command returns nothing. I think that's 'cause iptables
has filled it up... 'cat /var/log/dmesg' does show this though:

kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 seconds

and

EXT3 FS 2.4-0.9.15, 06 Nov 2001 on ide0(3,70), internal journal

and

kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 seconds
EXT3 FS 2.4-0.9.15, 06 Nov 2001 on ide0(3,65), internal journal

* Andrew Agno (agno@AI.SRI.COM) [011201 14:33]:
> df -T
> cat /proc/mounts
> mount

'df -T' shows auto for one and ext3 for the other... :-)

cat /proc/mounts is more useful though and it looks good ! It says:

/dev/root / ext3 rw 0 0
/dev/hdb1 /boot ext3 rw 0 0

That's what I wanted to see. Thanks to all for the ideas and help !!

Regards
Hall