Re: Linux/Windows Universal Benchmark

Quoth JakeCatfox@aol.com,
> Hi, I want to benchmark my desktop system running in Linux (Gnome, XF86 v3.x,
> 2.4.5 kernel) against itself running Win98se. Is there a benchmark program
> that will work in both enviornments to give me an accurate benchmark?

Quake 3 Arena.

Of course, it might not tell you everything you're interested in, but
all of the good hardware review site use it.

cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller :: Department of Criminology :: University of Melbourne

Homicide is, no matter what else it might
be, a social relationship.
  -- Paul Bonnana