Re: serious trouble with exim and procmail

> It says that \246/usr/bin/procmail wasn't found.  That's the problem.
> Now the question becomes, why was it looking for that?, what is that
> \246 character doing?  Usually if there is not a preceding '0' the
> number is decimal, otherwise octal.  That character, in latin1, is an
> umluat (an 'o' with two dots above it) if '\246' is read as decimal,
> or it is a vertical bar with a break in it if '\246' is read as octal.
>
> I notice that the character following the space after the '==' is not
> a regular pipe character.  It is 0xa6, which looks very much like a
> pipe in latin1 or utf-8.  However a regular pipe character, |, is
> 0x7c.  0xa6 is not part of the US-ASCII character set.  I bet this is
> where your problem is.  Now to check your config file :

Strange enough, after toying around (calling eximconfig a thousand
times), deleting and recreating ~/.forward and ~/.procmailrc files it
worked again.
I guess some stupid character in a config file messed it all up.

Thanks anyway,
Alex
--
¦ Alex Suzuki               | Personal page:                          |
¦ Email:       as@cynox.ch  | http://www.cynox.ch/asuzuki             |