Re: Thoughts on RTFM

* Jeff.Chimene@etest.com (Jeff.Chimene@etest.com) spake thusly:
> This is the sort of Pollyanna Principle thinking that will keep Linux on the
> sidelines.

Good. I sincerely hope it'll stay there -- the last thing I want
in my mailbox is mail from lusers who need a dancing paper clip
to tell them how to insert a CD in the drive.

... I gave up on Red Hat, because of their
> bogus RPM, and utter lack of competent technical support. Throwing myself
> into the Debian mosh pit is beginning to look like an even worse mistake.

Definitely. If you found DeadRat too hard, Debian is not for you.
Maybe Linux is not for you. You know, there's Mac Oh-SeX, several
*BSDs, a bunch of similar-but-not-entirely-unlike flavours of
Winders out there, and more. Why did you want to run Linux anyway?
To be a k3w1 1337 h4X0r d00d?

Dima (non-technical user is the one who wrote only one device driver)
--
Q276304 - Error Message: Your Password Must Be at Least 18770 Characters
and Cannot Repeat Any of Your Previous 30689 Passwords           -- RISKS 21.37