Re: dhcp-client
From:
Raghavendra Bhat <ragu@vsnl.com>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 10:38:03 +0530
To:
debian-user@lists.debian.org

[Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 12:36:53PM +0530] Sridhar M.A. :

> Can somebody give me some pointers to set it up ?

Usage of dhcp-client is recommended over dhcpcd.

You have to enable CONFIG_FILTER=y in your kernel configuration options
for dhcp-client to work properly. Maybe in stock kernel-image packages,
you need to insmod this. I had a similar problem which you have had
encountered when I was starting off with my GNU boxen setup on Cable.

Please do get back if you still are unable to fix this.

--
ragOO, VU2RGU<->http://gnuhead.dyndns.org/<->GPG: 1024D/F1624A6E
Helping to keep the Air-Waves FREE Amateur Radio