dhcp-client

Hi,

Till recently I was using potato. I had installed the package dhcpcd
to enable my cable internet connection. After apt-get upgrade to
testing, I was surprised to see that the dhcpcd package was not
upgraded, but removed. Downloaded and installed dhcp-client, but the
location and configuration for it are different. I could not succeed in
getting the interface eth0 come up automatically. My
/etc/network/interfaces has this line:

    auto lo eth0

    iface eth0 inet dhcp

Can somebody give me some pointers to set it up? For the time being,
I have installed the potato version of dhcpcd (no entry in
/etc/network/interfaces).

--
Sridhar M.A.                         mas@uomphysics.net

If you didn't get caught, did you really do it?