Re: exim: misleading package description?

On Thursday 29 November 2001 10:41 am, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> exim doesn't have a "spam reject" file that i can drop IP addresses into.

It doesn't?  Then what is host_reject for?  Or the ability to use local
rbl-type files?

> what exactly are some of these advanced features then?

Did you even bother looking at the exim documentation?  It's very
comprehensive and answers all of your questions.  Some of the "advanced spam
features" that you asked about are:

* callback verification
* filtering (it would be cruel to liken it to procmail filtering, but it's in
the same general ballpark in that you can reject/drop/delete/forward based on
header information)
* ability to write custom headers for "suspect" email that users can then use
in their own filtering

and others that I'm sure I've overlooked.

Is there a reason you decided to jump all over exim today?  Your message came
across as quite hostile and sarcastic  Perhaps it wasn't intended that way.

--kurt (who's hoping he's not feeding trolls)