Re: Installing on ABIT KT7A-RAID motherboard

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 09:15:27PM -0800, L. Vogtmann wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 November 2001 08:53 pm, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> > Is that still the recommended procedure for installing onto a RAID
> > which is handled by this board's HPT370 controller or has something
> > better and/or simpler been developed since last December?
>
> Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but the HPT370 controller on that board
> is actually "Software RAID".  Linux currently cannot boot off of any RAID
> arrays handled by it.  (I know, I tried.)
>
> The Linux 'md' driver however works exellently with this controller, if
> you've built the kernel with support for it.

Yeah, I reread the message a little more closely last night after
sending my message to d-u and saw that there was no support for the
370's RAID capability as of 11 months ago, but that still left open
the question of whether support had improved since then.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss