Re: kernel does not compile with gcc-3.0

wrote:
> | well, thats about it...is it known not to?
>
> Likely.  Since gcc 3 is so new, it is also likely that there are bugs
> in it.  The kernel tends to trigger some rare bugs in the compiler,
> which is why I beleive they only supported gcc 2.7.2 for a long time.
> I think now they've switched to 2.95.2 (or .3).
>
> If you can track down the cause of the non-compilation (kernel source
> bug, gcc bug, etc) that would certainly be benificial to all (assuming
> you publicize your findings :-)).
>
> -D
well, I'll try again tomorow; for now I installed 2.95 and got over it...
I'll let you all know what I find out (I think it is gcc for it gave me an
error screen which told me to submit a bug report to bugs@gcc.org)
however, can I trust it to compile anything else  except the kernel?
like samba, amavisd, etc...?

dragos