Kmail problems - please reply offlist

Hi all, I have a serious problem with KMail.  If anyone can help could
you CC me personally as I have had to unsubscribe from the list.
Thanks.

I use Kmail with windowmaker on woody, x86 platform.

A little over a week ago (when, I think, the KDE upgrades were
entering woody) I had a lot of problems with KMail.

The first was that KMail was not retrieving mail because it couldn't
access something called "klauncher".  I tracked this down via the list
as meaning I had to restart kdeinit.

The second was that hen I fixed this I had 600-1000 messages and KMail
crashed when it downloaded them.  This bug has already been reported
on kmail.kde.org.

The third problem was with filtering (I deleted some folders, thus
breaking the filters) - but I fixed that.

The fourth, problem and the one I want help with now, is that when I
pop (pop3) messages from our mail server, the downloaded messages
appear to have two carriage returns inserted into them at 0 or more
random points.  This is a BIG problem because when you get two
carriage returns in the headers, KMail (and the filters) take this as
meaning that the headers are over, thus you cannot filter these
messages by any of the herader fields.  So I wound up with 600
messages in a folder, 95% of which were from debian-user and mysql
mailing lists, and two or three which were urgent or important, almost
all with From, To, and Subject fields set to "Nobody" or "Nothing".

This is still happening to some of the messages I download: every so
often, a couple of carriage returns appear to be inserted, which is
annoying for most messages and plain anti-productive when it
interferes with filters.

If you have any idea what might be wrong, please mail me.  Thanks.

Gordon