Re: Latest Galeon? will it work on potato?

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 08:47:25 +0000, Frank Copeland wrote:

> Galeon is a bleeding edge Gnome program, so you need to have Gnome 1.4
> installed. The best bet if you wish to keep your system basically
> 'potato' is to install Ximian's gnome packages. I'm running galeon
> 0.12.1 on a potato + ximian system.

Hi - I would like to know how you have managed to get that working.
I have a Potato system with Ximian Gnome and if I do:

  apt-get install galeon

it cannot find the package.
I have the stable Ximian branch in my sources list, maybe I need
something other than that? If so, do I run a risk of messing up other
things at the same time?

Thanks a lot for any further suggestion!

--
  Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.nl>