do a fake package

Hi,

I'd like to install some paxckages wich depends on ALSA. I have installed and
compiled ALSA by myself and i don't want to change that.

So is there a possibility to tell dpkg that the specific ALSA package is
installed? I don't want to make that with a -nodeps (or something) option
because thats ending in a mess soon or later. And i also wont use the CTRL-Q
command at dselect to overrun it because its askin me every time then. I need
a simple command (perhapps) to force a package to be installed.

cheers,
Raffaele

--
Raffaele Sandrini <rasa@gmx.ch>
For encrypted Mail get my Public Key from "search.keyserver.net"