Re: Ogg Vorbis (was Re: mp3 encoding)

>True ... but if you're about to take a really long car trip, portable
>players are nice.  Also, it'd be nice to just copy what exists onto a
>portable player instead of converting them to another format. Of course, I
>have no experience converting from Ogg Vorbis to MP3 so maybe it's really
>fast?

It's a bit quicker than normal encoding (you don't have to wait for it to
get the file off the CD) but not a hell of a lot

I guess my point was that on my computer I like 128 or higher encoding

but in a portable player I'm willing to go as low as 44 (or 16 mono to
really save space) to get more songs on.