Re: Ogg Vorbis (was Re: mp3 encoding)

At 02:00 PM 11/27/01 -0800, jennyw wrote:
>Are there any Ogg Vorbis portable players? Or support for Mac OS X? Playing
>music on Linux and Windows is cool, but mp3s run everywhere. Of course, I
>may try it anyway since I don't currently have a portable player. It looks
>like a great project.
>
>Jen

Well one consideration to make is the difference between listening on your PC
(with nearly unlimited storage), and on a portable player (extremely limited
storage)

Personally I'd be re-enconding to a lower bitrate (smaller files) for the
portable
player anyway. So Ogg for the PC, and mp3 for the portable works fine for me.

Thats not a solution for everyone...

but hey, you're a debian user right?