Re: OpenSSH & Mozilla & Woody

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 07:27:33PM -0500, Brian Clark wrote:
> Howdy Folks!
>
> What type of acrobatics will it take for me to get Mozilla and OpenSSH
> (ssh2) into my woody workstation? :)
>
> For Mozilla, is it's perfectly OK to get Mozilla from potato or
> [preferably?] sid without it busting any existing dependencies? I was
> a little afraid to apt-get in that direction earlier..
Uhh...  AFAIK as I know woody has mozilla 2:0.9.5-5 and sid has
2:0.9.6-4 .

If you really want to have 0.9.6 just get sources from unstable and
compile for woody.  Or play with pinning packages, that may work with
too.

> For OpenSSH, if I want ssh2, where should I get this package?
> AFAIK, my potato server is _only_ ssh1. Would it be better to build
> from the source tarball?

AFAIK ssh2 package is non-free, and I always thought it was not OpenSSH.
Furthermore, it is orphaned and will probably be dropped soon.

OpenSSH in sid is version 2.9p2 . Maybe that is what you want?
Again, either pinning or grab a source and build , or try pinning.

I am using sid, and never tryed pinning, so I don't know if it can
break anything.