Re: OpenSSH & Mozilla & Woody

Brian Clark <brianj@fusionwerks.com> writes:

> Howdy Folks!
>
> What type of acrobatics will it take for me to get Mozilla and OpenSSH
> (ssh2) into my woody workstation? :)
>
> For Mozilla, is it's perfectly OK to get Mozilla from potato or
> [preferably?] sid without it busting any existing dependencies? I was
> a little afraid to apt-get in that direction earlier..

I thought a relatively new version of Mozilla finally fell into woody
recently.  I see 0.9.5 in the archives on my woody machine.  Shouldn't
be a problem to install...

> For OpenSSH, if I want ssh2, where should I get this package?
> AFAIK, my potato server is _only_ ssh1. Would it be better to build
> from the source tarball?

Typically, the best solution is to pull the source from the woody or
sid archives with "apt-get source ssh", cd'ing into the directory and
running "debian/rules binary".  That builds a package that you can
install with dpkg.

--
Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com>
BigNachos@jabber.org