Re: are unstable xfonts packages still broken?

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 02:07:50AM +0000, Pollywog wrote:
> The font packages in unstable are the ones that seem broken and have been
> for at least two months.  If I upgrade them, Gnome starts up but instead
> of seeing alphanumeric characters on the panel (and also on some apps), I
> see boxes that are made up of dots.

They're not broken, then.  You're seeing the double-byte problem with GTK
apps.  This isn't a Debian problem, it's a GTK problem.  Perhaps the
people in change of GTK development will fix it some day.

In the mean time, select a 8859-1 font, and you should be OK again.

--
Marc Wilson
mwilson@moonkingdom.net