Re: are unstable xfonts packages still broken?

On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 08:07:23PM +0000, Pollywog wrote:
> Every time I install the xfonts-75dpi and xfonts-100dpi packages, I lose
> fonts in Gnome, and all I see are dots where characters should be.

Dots or boxes?  The font packages in X aren't broken and never have been...
it's an internationalization issue to which GTK apps (most of Gnome) are
highly sensitive to.

If your GTK theme isn't completely specifying the font(s) it wants to use,
you may well see this.

--
Marc Wilson
mwilson@moonkingdom.net