Re: Flash plugin doesnt work

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 02:25:36PM +1000, Jason Currey wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I am having a problem getting the flash plugin to work. (xserver4.1 kde 2.2.1)
|
| I download the linux flash plugin.  flash_linux.tar.gz
| I extract the files. README  ReadMe.htm  ShockwaveFlash.class
| libflashplayer.so
| I copy these files to the ./netscape/plugins directory.
| I restart netscape
|
| And presto, flash media continues to not work, does anyone know why?

Check the "about:plugins" page (that is the exact URL, without
quotes).  This will tell you which plugins the browser found.

Since I use galeon I put it in
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so and have no problems with
it.

HTH,
-D

--

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us
our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.