Re: Getting php4 to work on potato?

On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 11:42:17AM -0500, Stan Brown wrote:
> I'm having a bit of a problem geting php4 to work on my stable + Progeny +
> 2.4 kernel machine.
>
> I have apache installed and woorking from a .deb package. I downloaded and
> compiled php 4.0.6, and all went well. I uncometed thet AddType lines in
<< -- snip -- >>

hi,

i used apt-get to install php4 on my box... it asked my if it should
restart apache, i said no. i made sure the php4 module is to be loaded
(in httpd.conf), restarted apache (also checked the entries in srm.conf
as in the other message in this thread)... and it all worked.

my point is, is it possible for you to apt-get install php4 instead of
compiling it yourself? i'm sure compiling it has it's advantages, but i
wanted to suggest using apt if all else fails!

good luck,
jason

--
registered linux user #202942