Re: Framebuffer VGA settings

On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 06:34:39PM -0500, JakeCatfox@aol.com wrote:
| Hi, does anyone know what settings I should put into lilo.conf to set up
| 800x600 framebuffer support on the console?

What color depth?  See
/usr/share/doc/kernel-doc-<version>/Documentatin/fb/vesafb.txt.gz for
a table of the modes.

If you want 16 bpp, add "vga=0x314" to your kernel command line.  Make
sure you have a recent enough lilo to handle hex escapes, or convert
it to decimal first.

-D

--

Microsoft: "Windows NT 4.0 now has the same user-interface as Windows 95"
    Windows 95: "Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to reboot"