Re: sound w/via chipset

On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 03:03:11PM +0000, Phillip Deackes wrote:

> I too have a MB with this chipset. I bought the commercial version of OSS
> which got it working very quickly. Not a very good sound chip, though. I
> decided to disable it and get a Creative Labs soundcard instead. I still
> use OSS because it really is a no-brainer. Works perfectly and doesn't
> cost much.

Thanks for the advice.  I went ahead and bought a Creative SoundBlaster PCI
16.  After a bit of trouble finding out that it's really an Ensoniq Audio
1371, I compiled it using the standard 2.4.2 kernel source and everything
works, including RealPlayer.

Thanks to you and to Harold.
--
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net