Re: sound w/via chipset

On Sat, 24 Nov 2001 20:38:39 -0500
Carl Fink <carlf@dm.net> wrote:

> I recently replaced my motherboard with a BioStar M7VKL, which uses a
VIA
> VT8364 chipset, also known as "Apollo KL133".
>
> After a bit of fiddling, I have everything working except the video and
the
> sound.  (I think.)

I too have a MB with this chipset. I bought the commercial version of OSS
which got it working very quickly. Not a very good sound chip, though. I
decided to disable it and get a Creative Labs soundcard instead. I still
use OSS because it really is a no-brainer. Works perfectly and doesn't
cost much.

--
Phillip Deackes
Using Debian Linux