Re: Framebuffer AVI player?

On Sat Nov 24 18:45:28 2001 Jeffrey W. Baker wrote...

>You are trying to play 24-bit video on an 8-bit display.  Nearly nothing
>works with 8-bit color because such displays are usually palettes,
>whereas 16- and 24-bit are continuous color spectra.
>
>Change your frame buffer device to 16- or 24-bit color.  You can use the
>fbset program or change it at boot time.  See the documentation for
>fbset for more information.

K, that got me closer. I woulnd up using:

mplayer -vo fbdev -fbmode tv -vm [file_to_play]

Anid it displayed, centered on the framebufer display. However it was
pretty small (about 3" x 4"),

I run fbtv as "fbtv -mtv" and it pretty much fills the entire screen, which
is what I want to replicate, while playing recoded video.

Mode tv is defined in /etc/fb.modes as follows:

mode "tv"
    # D: 49.188 MHz, H: 46.580 kHz, V: 75.008 Hz
    geometry 768 576 768 576 32
    timings 20330 128 32 32 8 128 5
endmode

Oh I had manually run an fbset -depth 24 before this test, if it matters.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@awod.com                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC.