Re: ObElitist (was Re: Virus incident)

"nate" <debian-user@aphroland.org> writes:

> Karsten M. Self said:
> >
> > If that's the one I think it was, it's the researcher at a major
> > university who found himself frustrated at trying to get
> > unsubscribed from debian-user, which he announced loudly and
> > widely.  I don't think he'll do that again.  Note that I posted
> > both on list and off on that issue, including trying to see that
> > they poor sod might keep his job (I wasn't the only person who'd
> > written the University President).  Unless it was the "lazy
> > ignorant people" thread....
>
> yeah thats the one.. the university. now i remember. him
> flaming everyone screaming to get off the list. can't help
> but laugh now that i remember it.
>
> never seen someone so frustrated with a mailinglist before..

Damn, too bad I wasn't around for that one.  Some of the most bitter,
hateful, arrogant, and unreasonable people I've known were my college
professors.  It's amazing what happens to those who have spent too
much of their lives in the US educational system.

--
Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com>
BigNachos@jabber.org