Re: Potato->Woody Upgrade: Removed Package

On Thursday 22 November 2001 04:54 pm, Serge Rey wrote:
> i did the upgrade yesterday, and along the lines of brian's suggestion,
> this worked for me:
>
> 1) change apt sources to point to woody
> 2) apt-get update
> 3) apt-get -u install apt apt-utils dpkg debconf perl
> 4) apt-get -u dist-upgrade
>
> worked very well. i did have to do a little postinstall massaging
> (missing symlink from /etc/X11/X to my server) but that was it.
>
> good luck.

I've recently put three boxes together (new for me; pass down of mine to the
mizzus, pass down of hers to a friend) and this has worked well for me.
apt-get install debconf apt-utils has brought the other essential packages
(including perl and dpkg) with it though.

x was not installed prior to the upgrade on any of these boxes though.

bob