Re: Which mail user agent do you use?

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 12:30:12PM -0800, Brian Nelson wrote:

| Gnus has some distinct advantages over mutt.  In particular, it has
| superior imap support, especially offline support, which was the
| primary reason I switched from mutt.

Mutt has geat off-line support : mbox, maildir, mh, <something else I
forget>.  Mutt kinda has imap support, but it views imap as just
another folder format, nothing special.  I use fetcmail to transfer
the mail to local storage, and off-line is all I see :-).

| Also, it's more configurable than mutt, especially display-wise, if
| you don't mind elisp...
|
| Mutt is simple, light, fast, and just works for most people.  But,
| gnus does more tricks, if you're willing to train it.  Anyone smell
| breakfast cooking?

Oh, I was wondering what the smoke was ;-).

-D

PS  (notice the smileys before beginning a flamewar)