Re: new to the list - sendmailcf

madhombre said:

> I came across a page ont he web which expalins how to do what I
> want to do, BUT it says I need sendmail and sendmailcf

the page is probably referring to /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
which is the runtime configuration file for sendmail. you
should not modify this file directly, instead modify
/etc/mail/sendmail.mc (the format is signficantly different).

as far as splitting the mail into different files 1 per
file, that would probably be done on the LDA side(local
delivery agent), but LDA configuration may require some
MTA(mail transport agent - e.g. sendmail) configuration.

i use cyrus and it splits all messages into their own
files. pine cannot directly access them tho(nothing can)
the only way to access it is by logging into the POP
or IMAP server.

nate