RE: new to the list - sendmailcf

You do not need sendmail for this - pine probably does require an MTA
installed on the system you're using, but all you need is ssmtp, which a
believe is available for slink.  ssmtp is a simple MTA (send only) which
just passes mail from your machine to  a relay on the internet.  It is
much better to use this over something like exim or sendmail if all you
need is a send only MTA to satisfy a program like pine or mutt or elm.