Re: Clients cant access mail..

Petre Daniel, 2001-Nov-21 03:40 -0800:
> well,i can connect manually from here,a
> 194.102.92.x ip..
> the pop3 server is on 194.102.92. class,the
> dialup clients are on 217.156.43.x class.
> i have noticed that i cant reverse domains on our
> leased line clients with servers on the 217
> class..
> so,there is no firewall,like all that we changed
> is the dialup ips..like from 194.102.92.x to
> 217.156.43.x

You might have a routing problem...those are 2 different subnets
after all.  Can any host from 194... ping any host in 217...?
Check your route table on your router to make sure you have all
routes listed correctly.  Since you mention it's a small ISP,
it's probably all static routes, so a new subnet requires a new
static route entry.

I'm assuming there is a router since there are at least these 2
different subnets.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer